Monday, December 18, 2006

A Flying Spaghetti Monster Christmas


I am having an abnormal (for me) Christmas this year. First of all, I will not be with any family. Second of all, I will be with people I have known for less than two months. Third of all, they are Jewish and Muslim, so they don't celebrate Christmas. I am excited for it--I haven't had a traditional Christmas in years anyway, these people are lots of fun, and this means I won't be alone on Christmas, which I believe is one of the more depressing thoughts I've had lately (and I've had many). And they are all fun people, so I'm looking forward to it.

In the spirit of honoring different holidays and of religious tolerance, may I direct you to the Flying Spaghetti Monster site? (Take his suggestion and start with the Open Letter to the Kansas School Board if you don't know anything about it yet.) FSM has many followers (aka Pastafarians); one of them made a holiday FSM, which I share with you at the right. Happy Holidays!

No comments: