Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Jasons are Awesome

For those of you who don't know me, I have two very dear friends, both named Jason. Even those who do know me may not know about the long string of Jasons in my life (all the previous ones marking interesting firsts). These Jasons aren't really first anythings, but they are BY FAR the best Jasons. They have done A LOT to make me feel loved and missed while I'm here and that means SOOOOOOOOOOO much to me (this is a very emphatic post). Just this morning, I received the best care package ever. It showed a lot of thought and they got it just right! Let me share with you the contents:
* Vanity Fair (MY FAVORITE MAGAZINE): 2 issues, one with (hott) George Clooney on the cover and the other with a wet Brad Pitt!!!
* Vogue: on the cover, Cate Blanchett, which some of you might remember as one of my top 7 celebrity crushes
* Alon's chocolate chip pecan cookies (MY FAVORITE!): I have not yet decided if I'm going to share these at the Christmas potluck I'm going to, but at the rate I'm eating them, signs point to No.
* Cholula hot sauce (MY FAVORITE): they only have Tabasco here, which is probably my least favorite
* Crushed red pepper flakes: also non-existent here and essential.
*Pink flannel pajamas with monkeys on them: I am totally not making up the fact that just yesterday, I was thinking I should get some flannel pjs and then decided against them because I thought I couldn't afford them. These are way cuter than the ones I was eyeing.
*Weeds (season 1) and Romy and Michele's High School Reunion: MUCH needed entertainment.

So thank you boys. As my mother would say, "I feel rich." I'm so happy. Opening that package totally made me cry by the way. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the package got there before you left! merry xmas!